Wednesday, August 21, 2013

C r a f t B r e a k : G r a n n y S q u a r e G o o d n e s s


I'm on a bit of a granny-square-making kick right now and this multi colored scarf is one of the results! I wanted a project to work on while I was on vacation in Germany that would keep me busy, but also require minimal tools/supplies. 

I used 6 different packs of the Lion Brand Bon-Bon yarns and with each pack I made 10 granny squares (each one uses 4 colors). I got all of my yarn with coupons so the price wasn't too high for the whole scarf and I have enough left overs to make at least one more scarf, if not more. I was thinking of trying one using three colors in each square and having all the edges done in black or white yarn. For binding and edging any worsted weight yarn will do. This would also be a great project for using up yarn scraps! 

So, make 60 granny squares each consisting of 4 rows. I stuck to making 10 squares from each color pack. Tuck in all the strings. Using an invisible joining method join the squares in 3 rows of 20 squares. Finally, add an edge by doing one round of single crochet around the whole scarf with your worsted weight yarn. 

I love the bold colors and vintage granny square feel that this scarf has. 
 Now if only it would be fall already. Can't wait to wear it!

No comments: