Friday, September 20, 2013

C r a f t B r e a k : G r a n n y S q u a r e B l a n k e t


YOU GUYS.... It's done! I finally finished my granny square blanket! 
I actually had the squares done about a year ago and then they sat in a bag until I finally decided to put the darn thing together. I'm so happy it's finally complete. 
This is definitely one of the most time consuming and challenging craft projects I have ever undertaken. I learned a lot from the process and I am so happy with the result. I think my cat is pretty happy about it too. She seems to be under the impression that I made the blanket for her.
 Let's hope this baby lasts a few decades because I don't think I want to put myself (or my poor fingers) through this time consuming process again, at least not for a long time. 
Time for the weather to get chilly so I can really put this blanket to good use! 

FYI: If you are interested in making something similar here are some of the great tutorials I used for the squares, joining, and edging.
I drew out the pattern in advance so I could get a handle on how many squares I would need to make of each color. I made my squares with 6 rounds, then tested how many squares I could get out of each ball of yarn (Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice) before I purchased all of the colors. For reference I ended up with dimensions of 9 squares x 12 squares or approximately 54" x 70". 

No comments: