Thursday, November 7, 2013

C r a f t B r e a k : P o m p o m M o b i l e


I think I have a pompom addiction. Good thing I've come across lots of neat ways to use them!
This mobile was inspired by ideas I've seen floating around the DIY blogs and Pinterest and I used colors that go well in my bedroom. 
If you want to try making one yourself, you'll need various colors of yarn, metal rings (or any kind of sturdy ring with the diameter you want your mobile to be, even an embroidery hoop would work), and embroidery floss or bakers twine (optional - store-bought poms - I used some gold ones to add a bit of sparkle). Make LOTS of poms using your preferred technique and leave tails where you tied them off. Use those strings to tie your poms to the metal rings. Then use a needle to string up the tails on to the bakers twine and begin adding those around the metal ring.  The tails on the top ring will be pulled up and knotted together to make the hanger for your mobile, while the tails on the bottom hoop will hang free.  Use additional pieces of twine to tie together the two metal rings (this will take a bit of finagling to get the hoops to hang parallel). Once it's the way you like it, hang it up and enjoy your pompom masterpiece!

No comments: