Tuesday, December 3, 2013

F o o d i e : C r e m e B r û l é e C h e e s e c a k e


This Thanksgiving I decided to try out a new dessert and opted for a vanilla bean creme brûlée cheese cake instead of a more traditional Thanksgiving dessert. For my first attempt at making cheesecake I surprised myself with how well it turned out! My family sure seemed to enjoy it too. (Just ignore that big crack in the middle - good thing it doesn't affect the flavor!)

I followed the recipe here and opted to make a brûlée top instead of a chocolate top. I also substituted German butter cookies (Leibniz Butter Kekse) for graham crackers. 

I think the only change I would make would be to cool this down more slowly by allowing it to cool in the oven rather than on the counter. I think this would help reduce the chance for cracks. 

This cheesecake turned out so creamy and rich and the topping can be very versatile. I will definitely be making it again! 

No comments: